- WORKOUTS – Start slow if you are just beginning conditioning, eat healthy and drink plenty of fluids.
- Workout formulated specifically for our field hockey players by a certified strength and conditioning coach, click here or cut and paste and go to the following link https://columbiafieldhockey.com/columbia-field-hockey-off-season-program/.
- Workout Alternatives, click here or cut and paste to go to https://columbiafieldhockey.com/workout-idea/.
- Below are some links to drills players can do by themselves with limited space. Focus on doing the drill right first, then increase speed. Stay low, knees bent and on the balls of your feet at all times with weight over feet and eyes foward.
- If you don’t have cones you can use a ball of socks, rolled up shorts/tshirts, etc.
- Indian dribble with cones – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyZNsBwfjqQ
- Air dribbling – THE PROPER WAY – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U7NL5iX3Pc
- 5 minute skill warm up – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HknbpzEOhw&t=26s
- 3D skills and ball control – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYn9_WRITug
- Tight space ball control – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaAHkPZcD5k
- “Snakes and Snaps” for ball control – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzXA9ji-3Do
- “Touches and Checks” for ball control – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4H7nFuQbOk
- Liftys and ball control – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZze9moivkY
- YARD STICK PULLS
Starting July 6th recreational field hockey is allowed to begin in New York State. This is very exciting news and encouraging for our upcoming high school and junior field hockey season which normally starts mid-August. Our hope is to have a fall season for both and as soon as we are given the green light you will be informed!
Due to the coronavirus we will NOT be hosting any field hockey through the month of July in 2020. We will be in touch about restarting in the fall once approved, until then we will attempt to post local opportunities for the kids below.
- Capitalland Field Hockey
- They have several programs for players grades k-12 that you can register now for, please see http://www.capitallandlacrosse.com/ for more information.
- ADK Field Hockey
- They are still working on a schedule and finishing up their winter/spring leagues once approved, please see https://www.adkfieldhockey.net/ for more information. Registration is still pending for summer 2020 but you can find contact information on their website for questions.
We’re hoping all of you are staying healthy and positive! To help keep you moving we’re starting the alma mater challenge. While singing – or someone else singing – Columbia’s anthem (I know, you probably didn’t even realize we had one) create your own stick trick. Example of stick tricks – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJNbfY1b7-Y. Our anthem is below, and since most of you probably didn’t even know we had one you can all make up your own rendition 👩🎤🎤🎶.
Once you are finished either post it to our Facebook page or message us. Alternatively you can email us your video to email@example.com. Players can text their coaches their video. This is open to any current player or former player of CHS Field Hockey, it’s always a great day to be a Blue Devil field hockey player!
Winner receives a USA Field Hockey t-shirt and gets to choose the first run of preseason! (Within reason, we’ll talk)
****DEADLINE EXTENDED TO APRIL 11th****
Meet our Guests: https://columbiafieldhockey.com/meet-our-olympians/